Oct. 24-Nov. 2, 2018
“Benvinguts (welcome)! This tour showcases the foodie hotspot of Barcelona, city where I lived for 15 years. I am thrilled to show you around my favorite sites and teach you to shop, cook, and eat like a local. My friends and I will guide you through the food, wine, and culture of the city of Gaudi and Ferran Adrià. We will tour, learn, eat, relax and be merry, with the splendor of the Mediterranean as our backdrop. Travel with us in true sobremesa style: sharing, socializing, savoring life. I look forward to sharing the table with you!”
- Accommodation in a boutique hotel in trendy Sant Antoni neighborhood
- All meals included (except during free time as per itinerary)
- Local wine with meals
- Expert recommendations for local shops, restaurants, bars, cultural sites
- Guided visits to neighborhood markets and artisanal shops
- Olive oil, wine and cava tastings
- Meals at gourmet restaurants and tapas bars
- Meals prepared by Sobremesa staff, all trained chefs
- Fine dining farewell dinner at a secret venue
- Cooking classes with Camila and local chefs
- Herb walk
- Visit to an organic farm
- Exclusive group: only 8 guests,
- Dedicated, experienced staff members accompany and assist you
- Free time built in to go to the beach, shop or stroll around this architecturally stunning city
- Curated map with insider tips
- Ground transportation to excursions
Here's a bit more detail on our itinerary*:
On day 1, after everyone has settled into the boutique hotel, we will gather for a meet and greet and unveil the full itinerary for the trip. We will celebrate our reunion over a tapas dinner at an authentic neighborhood tapas restaurant.
After a nice Catalan breakfast at the hotel, day 2 begins with a visit to Casa Battlló, Camila's favorite Gaudi building on the famous Passeig de Gracia. In the afternoon, we'll have some free time to work off any jet lag, and then a dinner cookedby staff, so that you can relax a bit more.
Day 3 is our first market visit, this time to the charming Gracia neighborhood, where you will love to stroll around and visit local artisanal shops. We will do an olive oil tasting at a specialty shop owned by a friend of Camila's and fellow Slow Food member. Then comes lunch at a wonderful local restaurant owned by another colleague of Camila's. In the evening we will have our first cooking lesson and then sit down to feast on the fruits of our labor.
On day 4 we will visit an organic farm on the outskirts of the city. Lunch will take place there, under the trees, with a fresh meal that could not be more local. You'll have some free time in the afternoon for optional activities and in the evening we'll share dinner at a local bistro that's one of Camila's favorites.
On day 5 we'll head to the beach afterbreakfast, and stroll around the popular Barceloneta neighborhood. A lunch of rice by the sea is a typical way to spend a Sunday. Laze around a bit or take a stroll, and then we'll meet up for another cooking lesson in the evening.
Day 6 is a choice day so that you can either spend time exploring on your own, or enjoy an herb walk in the Collserola hills, with an expert gastro-botanist to guide the way. We'll all meet up again for a drink and aperitivo the Catalan way, and then you can make your own reservations for dinner (recommendations will be given, of course!).
On the 7th day we finally visit the famous Boqueria market, one of the oldest markets in Europe. We will see some of Camila's favorite Gothic quarter highlights, and have a second breakfast of chocolate con churros at a beautiful traditional hidden café. Free time for lunch and then another cooking class for dinner.
The morning of day 8 will be spent in the Born neighborhood, aka the Soho of Barcelona.
Our final full day will hold an out of town excursion to visit a cava cellar in the neighboring town of St. Sadurni d'Anoia, where we will also have lunch (with a tasting of cava, of course!). Our trip will go out with a bang as we share a once-in-a-lifetime meal at a secret fine dining venue.
Finally, after breakfast on day 10, we will say our goodbyes with full stomachs and hearts!
What's not included?
- Airport transportation
- Personal shopping expenses
$5,995 per person in double room
$6,895 per person in private room
Terms of Payment
Payment in three installments:
1. Deposit due upon registration (non-refundable): $750
2. 50% (minus deposit) due Feb. 1, 2018
3. Remaining 50% due June. 1, 2018